There is a lot going on right now. We are being pulled left, right and centre by so many things:
• Economic landscape
• Energy bills
• The perpetual madness of the news
• Mental health challenges
• Health challenges
• Sick family members
• …… the list goes on
If you are thinking of quitting, or have recently quit, I don’t blame you. With all this noise, we just want some of it to stop and so we go for the thing that we feel is in our control. We end up quitting:
• Exercise regimes
• Healthy eating plans
• Our commitment to drink less
• Our coaching groups
• Some of our dreams and goals
• Our business
I’m not suggesting here that we continue pushing when we are breaking. That’s not what this post is about.
This post is for those who are thinking of quitting but shouldn’t right now. It’s about regrouping, reassessing, re-establishing the right links in your brain and carrying on in the right way.
Here’s some things to remember:
• The fact you are running a business right now, says something about you. You are a maverick, an adventurer, someone who likes to do things differently. This is awesome.
• You are resourceful and so far have overcome everything that’s been thrown at you. And I suspect that’s been a lot over the years. Think about all the things you’ve overcome.
• You had a dream, a vision, when you set this business up. Don’t lose that. Reconnect with it and most importantly how you feel when think about achieving it.
• Remember who you are. We all have crap days where we feel useless and compare ourselves to everyone else who “appears" to be doing brilliantly. Don’t stay there. Remember what you stand for, say your name out loud. There is no-one like you.
• Reconnect with your groups, people you respect, and chat. We’re all navigating something right now and the you reach out you’ll realise that. It helps to get clarity and put things in perspective.
• Trust. This is key. Trust yourself, trust people (humanity, people are good), and trust in something bigger than you, whatever that is for you.
• Get crystal clear on what you are looking to achieve by the end of this year. Announce it out loud once you’ve got clarity.
• Work out the steps you need to do to move towards that and start taking them.
• Build momentum and create energy around what you are looking to achieve. Stay focused and make tracks every day.
• Filter out as much of the negative noise as you can.
You have got this.
Despite everything that’s being thrown at you right now, you will prevail.
I have pulled many people back from the brink of quitting over the years and it always leads to better things.
Staying in the game is half of the battle.
We'd love to learn more about you and the business that YOU are building, and we offer a free initial consultation to help you scope out whether BBB is right for you.
We will be completely honest about whether we can help you.
Join us for a 90-minute masterclass to maximise the speed and efficiency of growing your service business to £100k and beyond.READ MORE
We run regular discovery days where you’ll experience a taste of the magic our Scale groups have to offer. We think seeing really is believing, so we invite you to join us and try us out before you commit. We’re confident that when you see what you get out of a day, you’ll be itching to see what the year ahead can bring.READ MORE
We cut through the nonsense advice to give you what you need for the stage you’re at in your business, reducing the risk of wasting time, money and energy in the process.
We’ll help you determine how to become a £100k business owner.
We’ll show you how to stress test and evolve your business model so it’s £100k ready.
We’ll share the straightforward methodology you need to apply to get there.CLICK HERE
Success and happiness start with self-esteem
The Self-Esteem Reboot is a complete programme with daily lessons and exercises, a 72-page workbook and online access to support videos and bonus content. It is proven to boost self-esteem and confidence levels with just a small investment of your time each day.CLICK HERE
Give your new service-based business the nurturing and firm foundations it needs to grow and flourish from your first year.
Get in touch..
Be the first to receive our proven, practical business-building know-how and fresh business insights delivered straight to your inbox.
Everything we share is designed to help you grow your service-based business.