Are you wasting time with prospects that will never close??
When should you hold on to a prospect and when should you let go?
I just closed a new BUILD member, and it took me.....12 months! I’m very glad I didn’t let that one go.
We do need to ascertain whether somebody is a real opportunity for us or not as quickly as possible though.
What I see most business owners do, especially in the early days when they're learning sales, is hold onto opportunities too long. A lot of time and energy is wasted chasing opportunities that were never going to be an opportunity at all.
Here are some reasons why I qualify out quickly:
· They hate us – they don’t like who we are or what we do.
· They're not a good fit – try to stick with your area of expertise.
· Not being sure whether you can help them – can you add value? Are they open to what it is you’re offering.
· No budget – none. Qualify out and move on. (But see below...)
· Not responding over a long period. Don’t bang your head against the wall.
Now let's look at reasons that you would potentially keep going:
· Some people don't have budget today, but they might have budget tomorrow – try to find out
· It's a good fit – if what you’re offering is absolutely what they need, then it’s worth you continuing.
· Do they want to work with you? Maybe the timing isn’t right. Stay in touch.
· Going cold – don’t assume it’s you. Shit happens. Be compassionate and try again.
What opportunities do you have right now that have potential, and which do you need to let go and move on from?
We'd love to learn more about you and the business that YOU are building, and we offer a free initial consultation to help you scope out whether BBB is right for you.
We will be completely honest about whether we can help you.
Join us for a 90-minute masterclass to maximise the speed and efficiency of growing your service business to £100k and beyond.READ MORE
We run regular discovery days where you’ll experience a taste of the magic our Scale groups have to offer. We think seeing really is believing, so we invite you to join us and try us out before you commit. We’re confident that when you see what you get out of a day, you’ll be itching to see what the year ahead can bring.READ MORE
We cut through the nonsense advice to give you what you need for the stage you’re at in your business, reducing the risk of wasting time, money and energy in the process.
We’ll help you determine how to become a £100k business owner.
We’ll show you how to stress test and evolve your business model so it’s £100k ready.
We’ll share the straightforward methodology you need to apply to get there.CLICK HERE
Success and happiness start with self-esteem
The Self-Esteem Reboot is a complete programme with daily lessons and exercises, a 72-page workbook and online access to support videos and bonus content. It is proven to boost self-esteem and confidence levels with just a small investment of your time each day.CLICK HERE
Give your new service-based business the nurturing and firm foundations it needs to grow and flourish from your first year.
Get in touch..
Be the first to receive our proven, practical business-building know-how and fresh business insights delivered straight to your inbox.
Everything we share is designed to help you grow your service-based business.